Hanukkah starts tomorrow night; Christmas is just two weeks away; and you could still use a few small ideas for your summer camper, right?
Any of these eight small gifts are perfect for stuffing into stockings or wrapping up one each night of lights.
- Water bottle— hot summer days may seems ages away right now, but water bottles are well-used at summer camps to keep active campers hydrated.
- Stickers— often these are freebies from your favorite haunts. Campers personalize water bottles and trunks with stickers and can never have too many.
- Note cards— while this one may be somewhat self-serving, if you would like to receive letters from camp, you can still find (or make!) fun cards or a letter writing kit to pack in your child’s trunk.
- Photo in a plexiglass frame— enjoy the photo now and pack it up come summer to place on a cubby by your camper’s bunk.
- Head lamp— a head lamp is a necessity at camp for reading after taps or seeing the sink while simultaneously putting toothpaste on a toothbrush.
- Toothbrush case— speaking of brushing teeth, find a few colorful toothbrush cases and a soap case to keep bristles pine-needle free.
- Shower caddy— as you’re out shopping keep your eyes open for a small plastic “bucket” that can hold shampoo and soap and sit on a shower floor in the woods.
- Playing cards— campers can never have too many decks of cards!